filters
State:
Show
City:
Show

Enterprise Title Agency in Washington, District Of Columbia - Enterprise title company gave me a closing date and the money was not in escrow

I sold a home to a buyer who was a realtor and not knowing better agreed to use Enterprise Title Company. Which happens to be the title company he uses for his closings. Enterprise gave a closing date which I believe the money from the buyer is to be in escrow. The buyer wanted to get into the house for a delivery. We agreed for the buyer to rent the house for one day believing the house was closing. We gave the keys thinking he was just getting the keys a few hours early. This was on a Thursday. Friday we were informed the money was not in escrow and was not released from the mortgage company. We than discovered the delivery was a moving van and the buyer had moved in. The house did not transfer until Monday. I believe since the buyer is a realtor and does business with Enterprise Title that an arrangement was made so he could move in before the house transfered. At the very least at the closing there was no money in escrow. There was also a mistake with the paper work for the property which we signed and was to be notorized. Enterprise wrote in the correction with out having us come back to inital the change. It is illegal to change a signed notarized document. I would not recommend using this title company.
Review

Contact Enterprise Title Agency Customer Service

Mailing Address:
ENTERPRISE TITLE AGENCY, INC.
8 North State Street, Suite 200